Monday 18 April 2016

3D Modelling: Updated Time Machine

Here we have an updated version of the time machine, as an actual glove instead of just fingerless and a better structure and shape in general. There are still no scratches due to lack of time, however having restarted the piece, I think it's turned out alright given the amount of time I had.
I decided to restart the piece as I just couldn't figure out how to just add fingers on through zbrush so I just rebuilt it on Maya and sort of made it simpler to begin with.

Primitive View
Front View
There were loads of misplaced vertices, messed up faces, extra edges etc and I spent around 3 hours importing and exporting changes in and out of zBrush and Maya! This is because there were holes in my models and overlapping areas when I imported the .OBJ into zBrush., but it's all good now.

Top View
Side View

I adjusted the original model of the template so that it was better and easier to edit in zbrush.

It looks more like a hand instead of a blob and this made it better to sculpt in zbrush.

This took me less time than the previous sculpt did as I knew roughly what I wanted and where things were meant to be.
This meant that things could also be improved upon quicker; the palms were shaped more realistically and the fingers took a better shape, which would have been more of an improvement had the first design had fingers...


Primitive View
Front View
Back View
Right View



Top View
Left View
Side View
Primitive View
Front View
Top View 

No comments:

Post a Comment