Monday 4 April 2016

3D Modelling: Time Machine High Poly and Low Poly

Perspective View
Front View
Side View
Top View














This is the original model in Maya. It doesn't have a lot or any details really due to the fact I wanted to basicallydestroy the basic model created in Maya to remould it into a glove. I wanted to keep the cuff as close to how it has been modeled in Maya as it would be an object with hard edges.

This model was then imported into zBrush and crafted into my idea.
The fingerless gloves were decided due to the point at the top of the index finger, what would be used to "rip" a portal to a new time. It was also easier to build this way. I tried to mould the glove's as similar to that of a hand's as possible, with the bump and creases in the palms etc. I also tried to make it more obvious where I wanted holes for the gloves as I didn't hollow them completely out.

Primitive View
Back View
Front View
Left View
Right View













Primitive View
Front View
Back View






















The high poly zBrush model was then decimated and imported into Maya and a low poly model was created. I encountered some issues with ngons but it should all be fixed now and the model should hopefully unwrap rather smoothly.

Side View
Top View





No comments:

Post a Comment