Friday 13 November 2015

Self Evaluation: BA1a

I feel like I have progressed a lot in these three projects, mostly in confidence but also in using new methods. At the start of the Insect Concept project, I was very sceptical in painting in detail as I had never really done well before. I had little experience with digital painting in general but could never familiarise myself with the art of blending colours on Photoshop and creating iterations and final paintings gave me a chance to practice painting.

I enjoy designing iterations, it explores different options and is simple to do, which then allows comparison between different ideas enabling the best choice to be made. I then did base colours in order to get a general view of the colour and idea of what the insect, timepiece or character would look like. It shows that as I progressed through the projects, I became more confident in iterations and therefore did more each project.

Model and Character Sheets were things which I enjoyed doing, however I preferred drawing Model Sheets more than Character Sheets. This may be because I'm not used to drawing in a way in general yet. I find it rather difficult to recreate something I had already drawn. Which makes creating Character Sheets rather difficult as the characters would not look exactly like those in Model Sheets, however they would bear the same idea but with more emotion and feeling in it. This is something I find hard to do.

Although I feel like I've improved significantly with painting as a whole, I think the Timepiece Final Painting reflected this a lot more than the Character Final Painting. This is mostly due to time restraints and a much newer composition for the painting. I feel like I need to manage my time more and practice drawing more in my own time to improve as much as I want to so I can be able to produce higher standards of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment